This one-day online workshop will be delivered by Dr Scott Hollier (Centre for Accessibility Australia), and Vithya Vijayakumare (VisAbility). It will include the following topics:
- How People with Disability Engage with Content – Includes a demonstration of how assistive technology users engage with content produced by your organisation. There will also be an opportunity to experience the content in a similar way to a vision-impaired user.
- Policy and Legislation – Highlights the policy requirements for digital access within your organisation.
- ICT Requirements – Focuses on the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1, the assessment process, accessibility ‘quick wins’, free tools that can assist in determining existing accessibility issues and processes for fixing them.
- Content Production – Highlights the built-in accessibility features available when creating a Word or PDF document and handy tips for producing information for the public, customers or clients. Includes tips for Microsoft Word Adobe Acrobat and InDesign.
- Marketing and Communications – Looks at ways of engaging with the public audience, including emails, and social media access considerations. Turn a PR disaster of inaccessible content into a good news story of inclusivity.
- The Future – learn about the upcoming WCAG 2.2 and 3.0 standards along with accessibility immersive environments and remote meeting platforms.
Please also note that members get special discounts and offers for attending and they should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Tickets are $396-$440 (excluding GST):
Event date and time: Thursday, 7 April 2022 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM GMT+8