CFA Australia is constantly working to support people with disability and organisations in their digital access journey. To further this, we have developed two Helpdesk services supported by our disability-led team: a Helpdesk for people with disability, their families and carers which is free of charge, and a Digital Access Helpdesk for organisations exclusively available to members.
Free Helpdesk: Support for people with disability, their families and carers
The free Helpdesk for people with disability, their families and carers has been created to support people with disability who are finding it difficult to access content online.
The Helpdesk can provide support by:
- Helping you find alternative accessible websites or apps to support your everyday activities.
- Provide advice on how to enable accessibility features on popular computing and mobile operating systems such as Microsoft Windows 10, Apple Mac OS, Apple iPhone and Google Android.
- Links to useful tutorials and other online resources
In addition, CFA Australia is committed to developing even more resources for our Guides section that will further explain in detail the AT features in popular operating systems.
Digital Access Helpdesk: Exclusive to CFA Australia members
In addition to our free AT Helpdesk, CFA Australia also provides a Digital Access Helpdesk service exclusively for members of CFA Australia. This includes unlimited email support and an initial two hours of access to call the helpdesk which can be used in 15 minute increments (additional hours can be purchased).
The Digital Access Helpdesk is aimed at organisations who are seeking advice on:
- What is digital access?
- What is WCAG?
- How do I make sure my website, documents or apps comply with the Current WCAG standard?
- What is my legal obligation to make content accessible?
- I’m not sure how to implement a specific WCAG guideline or success criteria, how do I do it?
The Digital Access Helpdesk is complemented by our great resources that you can find in the Guides section of the website.