The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), has released additional accessibility guidance to support people with cognitive disabilities. The Working Group Note: Making Content Usable for People with Cognitive and Learning Disabilities; now includes:
- People with cognitive and learning disabilities
- Aims and objectives for usable content
- Design patterns (ways) to make content usable
- Including users in research, design and testing activities
- Personas (examples) and user needs
This document is an informative Working Group Note. It provides “supplemental guidance” beyond the requirements of WCAG 2. It is not required for conformance to WCAG. WAI is currently working on integrating the Objectives and Patterns from Content Usable in a new section of the WAI website. That will be easier for some people to use.