On Friday 19 November, the second Australian Access Awards, hosted by the Centre for Accessibility Australia, was held at the Western Australian Maritime Museum as a hybrid event. A great time was had by all present with a number of satellite events held across the country and internationally to celebrate organisations and individuals that have made their websites and apps accessible in addition to great accessibility initiatives.
The winners of the Awards, receiving the Golden Carrot trophy, are as follows:
- Corporate Website of the Year: Coles
- Corporate App of the Year: Mediate – Supersense
- Government Website of the Year: Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Government App of the Year: ABC News
- Educational App of the Year: Vista Access Architects
- Educational Website of the Year: Australian Disability Clearinghouse of Education and Training
- Not-for-profit / Community Website of the Year: Kin Disability Advocacy
- Accessibility Initiative of the Year: The National Equipment Database (NED)
- Accessibility Hall of Fame: Jane Ots, GESB
- App of the Year: Supersense – AI for the Blind
- Website of the Year: Kin Disability Advocacy
The 2021 Australian Access Awards finalists and winners.
Jane Ots was inducted into the Accessibility Hall of Fame.