Free Audits for Organisations EOIs
Are you part of a Western Australian not-for-profit organisation passionate about accessibility and inclusion? If so, we are excited to invite you to partner with us in a ground-breaking project aiming to improve digital access across the state.
The Digital Access WA Project is offering free accessibility audits to not-for-profit organisations that want to help people with disability to access their website’s content and services. This initiative supports organisations by evaluating and auditing their current level of digital access, receiving customised roadmaps to understand what needs to be done to achieve their accessibility goals, and practical steps for implementation.
If you are interested in having your organisation considered for this free audit initiative, please fill out the online EOI form by 16 June 2023.
Apply now: Expressions of Interest for Free Website Audit Form
Selection criteria for participation
To be eligible for selection in the Digital Access WA Project, organisations must meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered Not-for-Profit organisation, based in Western Australia;
- Demonstrate values and passion for accessibility and inclusion;
- Be interested in learning about and engaging with digital accessibility;
- Be open to receiving an accessibility audit and to implement recommendations for improvement;
- Commit to participating in impact measurement activities to be conducted in partnership with the Behaviour Change Collaborative;
- Be excited about embarking on a long-term journey of prioritising digital accessibility, which will involve training, upskilling, and maintenance. Having a long-term mindset to accessibility is important to us because we want to ensure this project achieves real impact on the state’s accessibility for sustainable futures beyond this project activity;
- Show commitment to celebrating and sharing your digital access journey with others in the sector.
The Centre for Accessibility Australia and the Department of Communities have formed a selection panel to identify suitable organisations for the Digital Access WA Project. Priority will be given to disability focused organisations, and organisations based in regional and remote WA are strongly encouraged to apply. Expressions of interest will close on 16 June, and applicants will be notified of outcomes after.