Learn how to incorporate digital access into your organisation’s work practices.
The Centre for Accessibility Australia free workshop series is applicable to all staff that interact with digital content; senior managers, policy officers, content producers, ICT professionals, and marketing and communications teams.
Presented by Dr Scott Hollier, Digital Access Specialist, the half-day workshop, titled ‘Helping your organisation escape the accessibility island’ will include the following topics:
- How People with Disability Engage with Content – Includes a demonstration of how assistive technology users engage with content produced by your organisation. There will also be an opportunity to experience the content in a similar way to a blind user.
- Accessibility Implementation – Provides a role-based approach for managers to support their staff in making digital access happen.
- Policy and Legislature – Highlights the policy requirements for digital access within your organisation.
- ICT Requirements – Focuses on the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1, the assessment process, accessibility ‘quick wins’, free tools that can assist in determining existing accessibility issues and processes for fixing them.
- Content Production – Highlights the built-in accessibility features available when creating a Word or PDF document and handy tips for producing information for the public, customers or clients.
- Marketing and Communications – Looks at ways of engaging with the public audience, including email and social media access considerations
- The Future – With recently published accessibility procurement requirements and exciting technology developments such as the Internet of Things gaining traction, this final topic highlights what’s coming and how it could lead to exciting new digital access opportunities.
Three workshops are being run in the south-west, mid-west and the Perth metropolitan area. See all our events for details of all workshops in this series.
Places are limited for this popular workshop and registration is essential. Visit Eventbrite to register.
Thursday 20 September 2018
92 Adelaide Street
Fremantle WA 6160