18 October 2021
Dr Scott Hollier, CEO of the Centre for Accessibility Australia, and Vithya Vijayakumare, the Digital Accessibility Specialist at VisAbility will be teaming up to deliver a one-day web and document accessibility workshop on Wednesday, 17th November 2021, 9:00 am – 4:30pm AWST.
The workshop is about making web and document content accessible, which includes the topics:
- How People with Disability Engage with Content – includes a demonstration of how assistive technology users engage with content produced by your organisation (there will also be an opportunity to experience the content in a similar way to a vision impaired user)
- Policy and Legislation – highlights the policy requirements for digital access within your organisation
- ICT Requirements – focuses on the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1, the assessment process, accessibility ‘quick wins’, free tools that can assist in determining existing accessibility issues and processes for fixing them.
- Content Production – highlights the built-in accessibility features available when creating a Word or PDF document and handy tips for producing information for the public, customers, or clients. Includes tips for Microsoft Word Adobe Acrobat and InDesign.
- Marketing and Communications – looks at ways of engaging with the public audience, including emails, and social media access considerations.. turn a PR disaster of inaccessible content into a good news story of inclusivity.
- The Future – learn about the upcoming WCAG 2.2 and 3.0 standards along with accessibility immersive environments and remote meeting platforms.
The workshop will be delivered in VisAbility Western Australia, 61 Kitchener Ave, Victoria Park WA 6100, Australia.
For more information about the presenters and tickets, visit the event page on Humanitix.